Y863 Primer is a premium, very high strength styrene-acrylic primer. It is a very cost-effective way to strengthen concrete and cement-based pavers, blocks and renders.
When used as a superplasticiser admix it will increase cure rates, and produce stronger, waterproof concrete.
It is the ideal admix for the construction of pools and water features. However, waterproofing concrete has some important benefits beyond the obvious. By stopping the free passage of water through the concrete salt migration is also eliminated and problems such as efflorescence, reinforcing corrosion, delamination and rising damp are avoided.
Y863 Primer can also be used topically for stabilising and strengthening friable surfaces. Apply as a primer coat to newly rendered walls to get the strength and durability of acrylic texture coat without the cost.
The high concentrations of acrylic polymer in Y863 Primer add flexibility and strength to cementitious materials and prevents dehydration from the effects of wind, sun and dry heat during the curing process.
Rendered walls primed with Y863 Primer have a significantly improved service life and provide the perfect base for exterior paints. Further, the primer also waterproofs the render so delamination of paint from negative hydrostatic pressure (i.e. rising damp) will not occur.
- Significantly improves the service life of rendered walls primed with Y863 Primer
- Perfect base for exterior paints
- Waterproofs the render to prevent delamination of paint
- Highly concentrated with 52-54% solids
- Must be diluted with water at a 1:3 ratio before application
- Used as a primer for decorative concrete resurfacing systems
- Used on newly constructed rendered walls to minimise the development of cement associated surface cracking
- Use to bind and waterproof cement-based materials
- A super-strong concrete binder and water reducer
- Used as an admix to create super-strong and waterproof concrete
- Applied onto new concrete for a rapid cure to save fresh slabs from rain damage
- Stabilises and strengthens friable surfaces
- Adds strength to render cement
- An excellent primer for rendered and plastered walls
- Very cost-effective method of increasing the quality of the render