Concrete resurfacing or concrete overlays, or using Auzzie terminology “covercrete” is a growing trend with homeowners looking to refinish old, worn concrete floors or exterior pavements.
By using today’s high-performance concrete overlays and coatings, you can make worn concrete look like new again or completely upgrade the surface with a new colour scheme and pattern.
In most cases, resurfacing costs much less than concrete removal and replacement, saving you money you can use to upgrade other areas of your home.
Pros and Cons
Concrete flooring has many benefits, compare them to the drawbacks below to determine if concrete is the right option for you.
- Can be designed for any budget
- Unlimited creative options
- Requires little maintenance
- Will last for many years
- Resists moisture and stains when properly sealed
- Increases the appearance and value of the property
- Requires occasional resealing (Inspect every two years)
- Can be difficult to patch
- Cracks can develop over time
- Can become slippery when wet if the texture is too smooth
One of the major benefits of decorative concrete flooring is its affordability when compared to other options, particularly if you already have a concrete slab that’s ready for staining, polishing or application of a coating or overlay.
The cost per square meter for a basic concrete floor is comparable to linoleum, vinyl, carpet or lower-priced ceramic tile. Mid-range designs are comparable to laminate, bamboo, hardwood and more expensive tile. Higher-end designs are about the same as slate, stone, or marble.
If you want to resurface any area of concrete to rejuvenate the appearance of your property, please call us, we will be happy to discuss options and what will work best in the context of your environment.